Evolve Therapy Center offers counseling to children, adolescents and adults.
Counseling can help individuals address issues related to self esteem, life stressors, mental health and various relationship difficulties.
Since counseling is a collaborative process, individuals will benefit most when they activiely participate, consistently attend sessions and are honest with their therapist.
As a Licensed Professional Counselor, I will listen to your concerns, work with you to reach your goals, and respect your confidentiality.
Our family impacts who we are. We learn how to love and interact with others from our families.
Nearly all families deal with some sort of dysfunction at one time or another. Family counseling is a form of therapy that focuses on improving the interactions between family members to reduce conflict and stress. Although it is beneficial to have other family members in the room, it is not always necessary.
As a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, I have undergone specialized training to become qualified to offer this type of counseling.
Family counseling can help:
- Develop and maintain healthy boundaries
- Improve cohesion and communication
- Build empathy and understanding
- Reduce family conflict
- Promote problem solving
Although I am available to work with all ages and various treatment modalitiles, I specialize in play therapy for children and families. I am a Registered Play Therapist Supervisor by the Association of Play Therapy and have undergone advanced specialized training, experience, and supervision to become credentialed.
The Association for Play Therapy identifies numerous benefits of utilizing play therapy:
- Play is the natural language of children
- Play is fun and relieves stress
- Play can help children become more responsible
- Play can assist children with developing respect for themselves and others
- Play can help children to learn how to experience and express emotions
- Play helps cultivate empathy
- Play assists with learning new social skills
Research supports the effectiveness of play therapy with children experiencing a wide variety of social, behavioral, emotional and learning problems.
Distance counseling is growing in popularity as an alternative form of therapy. However, it is important that you understand the benefits and limitations of distance counseling.
• Convenient and provides access to services when you are unable to leave your home due to illness or weather
• Permits more flexibility in scheduling appointments
• Allows you to meet with therapists that specialized in certain issues that may not be as geographically accessible
• Easy to miss visual cues like facial expressions or posture
• Requires the accessibility of internet and computer
• Not ideal for suicidal individuals or people struggling with severe mental illness
• Counselor may not be as familiar with community resources and referrals
• There may be disruptions in service (i.e. video freeze, internet disconnects)
• Some insurances do not cover distance counseling
Evolve Therapy Center offers distance counseling when appropriate through use of a HIPAA complaint video counseling platform.